Do you want to have amazing ice cream without (much) guilt? Try this low-carb (primal, even!) concoction. Even Craig enjoyed it, and he’s a harsh critic.
Craig brought these blueberries home from the farmers market and they were to die for. They were the perfect combination of sweet and tart and they really made this ice cream pop!
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- 1 can coconut milk
- ¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- ½ avocado
- 3 TB almond butter
- 2 TB lime juice
- 4 - 6 packets Truvia sweetener or 4 TB honey (optional)
- ½ cup fresh or frozen berries
- 1 TB Kahlua (optional)
- Place all ingredients in blender or food processor. If you're not going to eat it right away, or if you're going to have leftovers, add 1 TB liquor like Kahlua - this will keep it from freezing rock-solid. Blend until very smooth. Taste and add more Truvia if you like - remember that when it is frozen it won't taste as sweet.
- Chill mixture - I just put the whole blender jar right in the fridge.
- When cold, do one more blend to smooth out the now softer coconut.
- Run through your ice cream maker according to the instructions which came with it. (If you don't have an ice cream maker, put it in the freezer for 30 minutes and stir. Repeat the freeze/stir cycle until you have ice cream!)
- Top with berries.