I was looking for an easy, quick recipe to make for a mid-week potluck dinner, and this Broccoli Salad based on a recipe over at Eating Well turned out great. Since it contains mayonnaise you don’t want to bring it for a summer outdoor lunch, but for a cool evening it was perfect.
Start with broccoli chopped into small, bite-sized pieces. Then cook up your bacon nice and crispy.
Chop up the bacon and water chestnuts, whisk together the dressing, add the dried cranberries, and mix to combine.
I’ve never been coordinated enough to make it a day in advance, but if you do so it should be even better. I’ve found that this makes an excellent dinner all on its own, but traditionally it is more of a side dish.
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 TB cider vinegar
- 4 cups broccoli crowns, cut into small pieces
- 8-ounce can sliced water chestnuts, rinsed and sliced
- 3 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 4 TB dried cranberries (optional)
- Pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, whisk together the garlic, mayo, sour cream, and vinegar.
- Stir in the remaining ingredients. Mix until everything is well-coated with the dressing.